Margarette Burnette is always interested in visiting schools. Here’s a list of frequently asked questions about her school visits:
1. Does the author present to all grade levels?
Yes! She customizes different presentations for different grades.
· For K-1st, the author reads the book. Then, she discusses healthy eating habits. Finally, she answers student questions.
· For 2nd-4th, she discusses how a book is made. She supplements her own book with other popular children’s literature.
· For 5th-6th, she devotes nearly the entire block of time to discussing book and magazine publishing. She brings samples of her Parenting magazine articles.
· She hosts an optional teachers’ workshop: “How to Publish a Children’s Book.”
2. What size audiences does she prefer? How long are her presentations?
She’s flexible. Her preference is to combine grade levels and have students come to the Media Center at appointed times. Depending on the size of the media center, this would probably mean a maximum of about 125 students. She’s found that the best time frame is a maximum of 30 minutes per presentation, including transition time.
3. Will the author sell copies of her book at the event? Is it a requirement?
Some schools allow sales, some don’t. We’d like to offer autographed book copies for sale, but it’s not a requirement.
4. How do I contact the author for a visit?
Send a message via the contact page.